|Congratulations on the birth of your new baby!|
To make sure your baby's first week is safe and healthy, it is important that
1. You find a pediatrician you are comfortable with for your baby's ongoing care.
2. Your baby is checked for jaundice in the hospital.
3. If you are breastfeeding, you get the help you need to make sure it is going well.
4. Make sure your baby is seen by a doctor or nurse at 3 to 5 days of age.
5. If your baby is discharged before age 72 hours,...
Sign In Now
To continue reading, you must be a subscriber to AAP Patient Education Online.
Not a Subscriber?
Learn more about Patient Education Online
Read the Sample Handout
Take a Site Tour